Recipe by Lil'Deady
This is a recipe that's very easy and simple. I think it's some of the most flavorful chicken (I've made) with no salt added! I love these as tacos with romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, shredded cheesed and some sour cream. It get's really spicy with the added Ro*Tel in there so I omit it unless I'm wanting a lot of heat. I added the beans and corn because it's "acts" like a corn salsa/refried beans, I suppose. It's great to throw together before you run off to work. It feeds me for a week but I cook for one.
Top Review by vondab64
MMMMmmmmm!! I can't stop eating this right out of the crock! Who needs a tortilla?! I used 2lbs fresh boneless breasts but kept the rest of the ingredients as listed, and it is still almost too juicy. Will be perfect for a rice bowl though. I used the Rotel with lime and cilantro, and i did puree the chipotles -- perfectamundo! I also added a couple Goya brand seasonings that i picked up at the grocery store just out of curiosity, and they added even more flavor. One was "Sazon Goya" with coriander & annatto (2 packets), and the other was Goya Recaito - cilantro cooking base (about 1/4 c.) Wow, is this stuff yummy!!! There is enough for a couple meals, at least, and we'll be making enchiladas, and rice bowls, and eating it with a big fat spoon as is!! Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!!
- 1 lb frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7 ounces caned chipotle chiles in adobo (not drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canno salt added whole kernel golden sweetcorn (not drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (optional,drained, it can it super spicy)
Directions See How It's Made
- put the frozen chicken on the bottom of the crock pot
- add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- spread over the chicken and make sure the top is coated as much as possible.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- shred then enjoy (Make sure that you shred up the chipotles too).