Recipe by CyndiCB
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com. This is a super, easy crock-pot meal. I was worried that the chicken would come out dry, so I altered the recipe by adding some chicken stock to it. I think that left the chicken moist, instead of dried out. I really hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 12 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken thighs in 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Top with beans, tomatoes, chilies, chicken stock and lime juice.
- Cover; cook on Low setting for 7 to 8 hours. High setting for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, place all the recommended topping ingredients in individual serving dishes (cheese, sour cream, salsa, green onions, black olives, cilantro, and limes). Remove chicken from slow cooker; place on large plate. Mash beans in slow cooker. Shred chicken with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and mix well.
- To serve, have guests place chips on serving plates; spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto chips. Top nachos with desired toppings. Chicken mixture can be held on Low setting for up to 2 hours.