1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC
8 hrs 5 mins
Great to have on-hand for recipes. Just Place as many chicken breasts as you can fit into your crock pot as long as the lid fits on properly. I use bone-in, skin-on but I'm sure boneless, skinless would work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot, Mix water and spices together and pour over the chicken.
- 2Cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours.
- 3Remove chicken breasts, shred or pull the meat from bones, removing skin (it should all fall off easily at this point anyway!).
- 4Place meat in individual freezer bags or containers and freeze until needed for recipes.
- 5Defrost and add to any recipes that call for cooked chicken.
- 6Great for casseroles, quesadillas, pizzas, burritos, pastas, soups, etc. or heat with BBQ sauce for hot barbecue chicken sandwiches.
- 7Tip: Use the juices that are left from cooking the chicken to make broth afterwards.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.3 g