Great to have on-hand for recipes. Just Place as many chicken breasts as you can fit into your crock pot as long as the lid fits on properly. I use bone-in, skin-on but I'm sure boneless, skinless would work too.
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot, Mix water and spices together and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred or pull the meat from bones, removing skin (it should all fall off easily at this point anyway!).
- Place meat in individual freezer bags or containers and freeze until needed for recipes.
- Defrost and add to any recipes that call for cooked chicken.
- Great for casseroles, quesadillas, pizzas, burritos, pastas, soups, etc. or heat with BBQ sauce for hot barbecue chicken sandwiches.
- Tip: Use the juices that are left from cooking the chicken to make broth afterwards.