1/2 Photos of Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches
8 hrs 10 mins
I've seen quite a few other recipes on here like this one, but they all have Italian dressing in them. Which I was a little weirded out by so I didn't want to use it. I came across this recipe in a Taste Of Home book and figured I'd give it a try. Please note that it IS a spicy meal. If you have a hard time dealing with normal black pepper or mild salsa you probably will not like this. I like mild salsa but too much of it burns my mouth and black pepper bothers me too sometimes. I COULD deal with this (by NOT eating any of the peppers), and I liked it, but it is very spicy to someone like me.
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (I could only find 16oz jar and used it all)
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large onion (sliced and quartered)
- 10 -12 hard rolls (if you use soft rolls they will get soggy, but you could try toasting them. I use normal sized sub b) or 4 -6 large sub buns (if you use soft rolls they will get soggy, but you could try toasting them. I use normal sized sub b)
- 1Drain the peppers, reserve the liquid. Cut off the stems. Set aside.
- 2Cut roast into large chunks. I cut mine into thirds and then split those in half.
- 3Place 1/3 of the meat into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and sprinkle half over the meat.
- 5Layer another 1/3 of the meat on top. Add the onion, Peppers, and Pepper juice.
- 6Layer the last 1/3 of meat and cover with remaining seasonings.
- 7NOTE: I found that my pot was large enough to fit all the slices of meat all on the bottom. I just put 1/2 the spices, all the peppers, onion and pepper juice on top. Then topped it off with the rest of the spices.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 8-9hrs or until meat is tender.
- 9Once done shred with forks and using a slotted spoon put on rolls.
- 10NOTE: If you are using a soft bread, you may want to drain the meat a little more. And for those that can't handle more spice, I wouldn't recommend eating the peppers.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1468.2
- Calories from Fat 755
- Total Fat 83.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 273.8 mg
- Sodium 2694.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 88.4 g