1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches
7 hrs 20 mins
Great shredded beef sandwiches! Especially good with provolone or swiss cheese. Recipe from "Quick Cooking" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 14 -16 sandwich buns, split
- 1In a slow cooker, combine beef, green peppers and onions.
- 2In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, Worcestershire and mustard.
- 3Stir into meat mixture.
- 4Cover and cook on high for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 5When done, skim fat from cooking juices.
- 6Shred beef, using 2 forks or kitchen shears.
- 7Use slotted spoon to place beef mixture on each bun (about 1/2 cup).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 726.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g