Great shredded beef sandwiches! Especially good with provolone or swiss cheese. Recipe from "Quick Cooking" magazine.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 14 -16 sandwich buns, split
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, green peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, Worcestershire and mustard.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- When done, skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred beef, using 2 forks or kitchen shears.
- Use slotted spoon to place beef mixture on each bun (about 1/2 cup).