Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I cooked Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas and loved it. But...I have a father who is allergic to chicken. So I wanted to keep along the same lines of the chicken recipe, but make it beef. So one day I threw this together in a crock pot and it came out great. This meat can be used for tacos, enchiladas, etc as well. If you are wanting great baked beef chimichangas, please take this meat, and then follow Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas remaining directions. (Including the other ingredients: oregano, cumin, cheese and green onions) It turns out tasty! Hope you like it as much as my family does.
- 453.59-907.18 g boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 medium diced onion
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 283.49 g diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- Place meat, diced onions, Rotel and beef broth in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When meat is cook, shred it.
- If continuing on to make chimichangas, follow recipe #28148.
This was fantastic! I did follow it with the Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas. It all came out so good! Thanks!