Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If you like shredded beef burritos this is so easy to make, plus you don't have to watch it cook.
Make and share this Crock Pot Shredded Beef Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chili pepper, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 12 flour tortillas
- Remove as much fat as possible from roast.
- Place roast in crock pot and cover with remainder of ingredients except tortillas.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- With fork shred roast and stir well with other ingredients in crock pot.
- Drain meat mixture well and serve in flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
I made this on 4/5/09 for mine and SO's dinner. I only had a 1 1/2 pound roast so due to what was on hand this is how it was made. I used the full amount of seasonings.Also, the amount of garlic stayed the same and a small onion was used. Instead of the 2 tomatoes and chilis, a small can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes w/ chilis were used.For the amount of liquid, I used the liquid from the Ro-tel and added enough water to equal 1/2 cup. This was made in a 2-quart crockpot and cooked for 6 hours.For the tortillas I used Made 'em Myself Tortillas. Made a great Mexican meal at our home.I bet this would be just as great with pork. This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
Wow the smell in my house is great. This is a very good recipe, I loaded mine with cheese, sour cream, salsa and salad YUMMY.
This was just wonderful. I'm making it (again!) tonight but trying it with chicken. For a "wet burrito" we added some chilli powder to a can of enchilda sauce (since the store was out of chilli sauce!), poured some over the top, and on top of that a little bit of canned Fiesta chese or Nacho cheese soup and a dollop of sour cream.