Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is absolutely my favorite way to cook short ribs - it's a longtime family favorite. Serve it over any type of noodle you like...I prefer the thicker, German style noodle for this dish.
- 1814.36 g short rib of beef, cut in 2 to 3 inch lengths
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 453.59 g package egg noodles
- Put short ribs on a broiler pan and broil until well browned to remove excess fat.
- Put ribs in crock pot.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute onion until golden, pour in ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Heat until blended.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover, cook on low 8 hours.
- Cook noodles per package directions.
- Serve ribs over noodles.
Hi Judy ! What a great way to prepare short ribs! The house smelled wonderful as these cooked and we could hardly wait for it to be finished. Easy to make and your instruction were easy to follow. Thank you for sharing. :-)
Yummmmmmm......with a capital Y! Both my husband and I loved it! I didn't have quite enough ketchup for the sauce so I substituted chili sauce for the remaining amount. It added a delightful bit of sweetness, though I'm sure the original sauce was quite tasty. The meat literally fell off the bones and the sauce was heavy enough to coat the egg noodles really well. Great as leftovers for lunch the next day!
Had never made short ribs before and picked this dish for our debut. The ribs were tender and saucey but not overpoweringly sweet and we low carbed by using cabbage instead of the noodles, cooked separately. We had about 4.25 lbs and it was barely enough for three hearty eaters, so be warned these go fast! Thanks for a keeper!