1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Short Ribs in Ancho Chile Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
Tender ribs with a flavorful, spicy chile sauce. I like to serve this with black beans or poblano chiles stuffed with a seasoned goat cheese mixture, and sometimes a small salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant and allow to cool.
- 2Grind cumin seeds in a mortar or spice mill.
- 3Toast ancho chiles in a hot dry skillet until aromatic, about 30 seconds per side.
- 4Soak anchos in warm water, submerged, for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- 5Remove anchos from liquid (discarding liquid), remove stems and seeds and discard; and cut anchos into small pieces.
- 6Season ribs with cracked pepper and brown ribs on both sides in a skillet or under the broiler.
- 7Place garlic, salt, lemon juice, tomatoes (with their juice), ancho chiles, habanero chile, and ground cumin seeds in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 8Place ribs in the crock pot and cover with sauce.
- 9Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours or until ribs are tender.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Short Ribs in Ancho Chile Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1842.2
- Calories from Fat 1497
- Total Fat 166.3 g
- Saturated Fat 71.7 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 820.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 68.9 g