Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A crock pot prepared version of the infamous layered ground beef dish with green beans and potatoes topped with cheddar cheese.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Scrub about 3 medium russet potatoes and cut into small chunks, leaving the skin on. (If you cut the spuds into too large a size pieces, they will take too long to cook since everything else is basically done). This made one layer on the bottom of my 5-quart crock pot.
- Season spuds with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your own taste.
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef with 1/2 chopped onion; drain fat. Put on top of spuds.
- Mix one can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup with 1 tsp beef concentrate flavor. Drain two 14 or 15 ounce can of cut green beans and put in slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, stirring a couple of times. Turn to low and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of shepherd pie and cook for 30 minutes or so.
This was so easy(probably because I didn't have to peel potatoes) and delicious! I took it to a church picnic and it dissapeared quickly. I used the potatoes and green beans from my garden. I thought it would be too salty with the salt and the beef boullion so I think I cut the salt back to 1/2 tsp. Also, I doubled it and it made a nice big crockpot full. Very flavorful!