Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very good chocolate cake recipe!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup warm water, divided
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine cake mix, 3/4 cup water, oil and eggs in greased crock pot.
- Mix nuts into batter.
- Mix together chocolate syrup, sugar and 1/4 cup warm water and drizzle over batter.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
This was very good. I didn't think the cake frosted itself though. I chose to add some canned frosting after the cake was done. I added nuts and some chocolate chips. My kids loved that they had a spoonful of cake. Thanks for a much-needed chocolate fix!
This was so moist, delicious and easy. First time I have ever made dessert in the crock pot. Yummy! Made exactly as directed. I didn't put nuts in it, but next time I think I might. I also added a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping from the jar after placing the chocolate syrup mixture on top, nice addition. Will make again very soon. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
My guests loved this gooey cake. I would say the frosting turned out more like a glaze, but it made for an incredibly moist cake. Instead of nuts, I used toffee bits, which melted and contributed to the yummy "gooey" facter. I'll be making this again.