Recipe by bmcnichol
We love these scalloped taters. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Sam #3
Total hit at my house! The combo of the taste of scalloped potatoes and hash browns was great! Even reheated the next day was good. Made this for DH's birthday at his request for scalloped potatoes. We did add an extra cup of cheese and it was perfect! I forgot to do the cornflake topping, but no one missed it! EDIT: I made these a second time with cream of celery since I didn't have the cream of chicken handy. I much prefer them with the cream of chicken.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- If desired: Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir the potatoes and sprinkle with crumb topping.