Recipe by Sharinskishe
When we make this, we try to have leftover ham dices. We have also used deli ham, sliced into small pieces. Spam can also be used, cut into dices. The family enjoys this meal at the end of a cool day to get warmed up by. Cheese blends of Monterey jack and cheddar is what we normally use.
- 3 -4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken noodle soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup ham, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the chicken noodle soup in a magic bullet or blender until creamy.
- Stir together soups, cheeses, water and ham dices in a bowl until mixed. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the crock with a layer of sliced potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with 1/3 of the soup mixture and spread.
- Divide the rest of the potatoes in half and place another layer in the crock and cover with half of the remaining soup mix. Put the final layer of potatoes down and cover with the rest of the soup mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Check the potatoes for doneness after 8(low) or 4(high) hours, as crock pots vary in performance.