Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great comfort food recipe that is so easy to make. Throw it in the crock pot and forget it.
- 1 -2 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- Layer half of the ham, potatoes, onions and cheese in crock pot.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread undiluted soup over the top.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Adjust amounts to fit the size of your crock pot.
This was really very delicious. Changes: I only used 5 potatoes, 1 onion, and cream of cheddar cheese soup. I cooked it on high for about 4 hours, and it came out awesome!
This tasted yummy, but my potatoes turned a yucky grey color. Not the recipe's fault. My DD helped to layer this in the crock. Thanks and I will try again.
I had a whole bone in ham that I got for free and a potluck to go to. This was a huge hit. Thanks so much. I have a friend that is gluten free so I used progresso mushroom soup. I should have taken into account that the soup is thinner than the condensed soup. It was on the runny side for me but no one else cared. I think if I made it again gluten free, I will cook for a few hours with the lid off until it is more the consistency to my liking. Thanks!