Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another easy crock pot recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, diced
- 7 -8 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 12 fluid ounces milk
- 3 -4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place layers of green peppers, onions, cheese, and potatoes and a sprinkling of salt in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle salt (if desired) over chicken breast and lay on top of potatoes.
- Combine soup and milk and pour into slow cooker, pushing meat down into the liquid Cover and cook on high 1 1/2 hours.
- Reduce temperature to low and cook 3-4 hours.
- Test that the potatoes are soft.
- If not continue cooking on low another hour and test again until potatoes are done.
Quick, delicious added chopped green peppers. Husband enjoyed (hard critic) would serve again.
Nice and easy recipe. My daughter, who says she is so sick of chicken, loved it. It's so easy I even taught her to make it. We left out the green peppers. This one is a keeper.
It is a delicious recipe. The cooking time could be a little longer because the potatoes were still a little crunchy. My husband said he would add carrots to give a little color.