1/2 Photos of Crock-Pot Savory Chili
4 hrs 30 mins
The original recipe I made had 1 pound Ground Beef, and 1 pound Italian Sausage, I adapted this for my BIL who doesn't eat red meat. It's a big hit in our family, and it also freezes very well! And don't be afraid of the chocolate that's in it, it brings out the flavor in the chili! This can also be done on the stove top if you're short on time. Just cook in an 8 quart stockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, Chopped
- 44.37 ml garlic, Chopped
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 9.85 ml salt
- 907.18 g ground turkey (or 1 lbs. Ground beef & 1 lbs. Italian Sausage)
- 2 (1587.57 g) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can chili beans, in sauce
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- 2Stir in chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and salt.
- 3Add the Ground Turkey (or ground beef & sausage). Increase the heat to medium high and cook the meat, stirring frequently, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Once the meat is done add to the crock-pot.
- 4Add the Tomatoes, Kidney, Chili and Black Beans, and the chocolate into the crock-pot and stir.
- 5Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally if possible. (If done on the stovetop, cook on low heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.).
- 6Top with your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Savory Chili
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 1689.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 47.6 g