Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
FLAVOR GALORE!! Sausage has always been one of our family favorites. The vegetables in this recipe blend well with sausage. Cooks while you work or shop. Easy preparation!
- 453.59 g sausage (breakfast type)
- 4 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Brown sausage and onion in a skillet. Drain well.
- Place potatoes, celery and carrot in bottom of crock pot. Add sausage and onion mixture. Pour chicken broth over vegetables and sausage.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add evaporated milk and cheddar cheese. Do a taste test for salt and pepper and add, if needed.
- Note: If a thicker soup is desired, add -- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used Italian suasage. It was to thin so I added a little instand mushed potatos to it and it was so creamy and so good.
Delicious! I was also worried about the amount of liquid in the crockpot..so I added a can of: cream of chicken
A VERY good soup!! I cooked my in a pot on the stove and was just as easy as cooking in the crock pot!! The husband loved it!!