Recipe by Seasoned Cook
FLAVOR GALORE!! Sausage has always been one of our family favorites. The vegetables in this recipe blend well with sausage. Cooks while you work or shop. Easy preparation!
- 1 lb sausage (breakfast type)
- 4 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion in a skillet. Drain well.
- Place potatoes, celery and carrot in bottom of crock pot. Add sausage and onion mixture. Pour chicken broth over vegetables and sausage.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add evaporated milk and cheddar cheese. Do a taste test for salt and pepper and add, if needed.
- Note: If a thicker soup is desired, add -- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Serve and enjoy!