Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from Woman's Day Slow Cooking magazine. I'm doing weight watchers (flex program) and this recipe was very high in points so I've made some modifications to bring the point count down.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, basil and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan and 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a quarter of the sausage mixture into a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Top with noodles 3-4, broken into pieces to fit.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the sausage mixture.
- Top with 3-4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and a quarter of the sausage mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles and sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover; let stand about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut lasagna into pieces and serve.