- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes or 1 (14 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 5-quart crock pot/slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.