Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great for those chilly fall evenings.
- 6 small red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 8 fresh baby carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (15 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 lb fully cooked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch slices
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart crock pot, combine potatoes, carrots and onion.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and caraway seed; mix well.
- Stir in sauerkraut and kielbasa. Spoon sauerkraut mixture over vegetables in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low setting for at least 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
I thought this was good--and definitely an improvement over the just-out-of-the-jar kraut! I did make a couple of changes--I left out the potatoes, brown sugar, and the caraway, and added some garlic and leftover crumbled bacon. I will make this again, but probably will add a bit more mustard and a little more pepper.
The DH & I really enjoyed this. I too left out the caraway seeds just cause I didn't have any. I only had dijon but would have preferred the spicy brown. I had it on low and checked on it 6 1/2 hrs in, the DH was hungry & it was ready! Thanks for posting!
I was craving this. It was yummy.