Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
You will love coming home to this hearty dinner soup. Perfect with crusty buttered bread for dunking.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth (such as Campbell's)
- 12 ounces kielbasa, cut lengthwise into halves, then crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large baking potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients, except cumin, in a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on Low 8 hours or High 4 hours.
- Stir in cumin just before serving.
This is a wonderful soup recipe, Lorac...it contains all my favorite ingredients! I was out of canned beef broth, so used chicken with a TBspn. of beef granules added...didn't seem to hurt it at all. Put all the goodies in the crockpot, and, out came a winner! Thank you for a very easy, tasty recipe...we really enjoyed it... LC
Very nice one dish meal for a cool winter evening. I didn't have any peppers, doubled the recipe using 1 can of beans & froze half for another time. Thanks for posting.
This was delicious ... had no kidney beans, so used butter beans instead. Made the house smell great, and my brother loved it.