Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very easy recipe I found and tastes yummy! I serve it with french bread, or rice to soak up the juices. Enjoy!
- 2 -3 lbs mild Italian sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Traditional, but you can use your favorite)
- 3 -4 bell peppers, sliced (red, orange, yellow)
- 1 onion, sliced
- Place onions and peppers, then sausage in crock pot. Pour the stewed tomatoes on top of the sausage, then the spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I add a touch of water to make more sauce.
- Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours on low, 3-4 hours on high.
Really good and sooo easy!
This sauce is a great base. I used bulk mixed sausage, Ragu Light (no sugar added), a can of whole peeled tomatoes (instead of the stewed--what I had on hand), added a clove of chopped garlic, a tbsp of tomato paste and about a cup of red wine. Delish! Next time I would even add more Italian seasonings, maybe oregano. Thanks for the inspiration.
This is very good and easy