Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
An easy make-ahead for a family or overnight guests. Great for a breakfast or brunch
- 1 dozen beaten egg
- 14 slices bread
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk (lowfat or skim is OK)
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- 1 small diced onion (optional)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- 3 -5 dashes of your favorite hot pepper sauce (not opt. in my house) (optional)
- Grease the sides of the crock with butter.
- If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- Make layers in the Crock pot of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Pour over crock pot mixture, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 8-12 hours.
Wonderful. Easy to put together and forget it ... Woke up in the morning and it was ready to go and so was I ... thanks
Mine did not turn out well. The whole bottom and sides were burnt to a crisp. I had the setting on low, as well.
I made this and it didn't turn out well. The bottom was way over cooked and I cooked it on low and only for 8 hours. This may work if you only cook it for 4 hours. Maybe my slow cooker is different but I now have to throw it all out. So beware!!