10 hrs 15 mins
An easy make-ahead for a family or overnight guests. Great for a breakfast or brunch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen beaten egg
- 14 slices bread
- 2 1/4 cups milk (lowfat or skim is OK)
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- 1 small diced onion (optional)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- 3 -5 dashes of your favorite hot pepper sauce (not opt. in my house) (optional)
- 1Grease the sides of the crock with butter.
- 2If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares.
- 3Make layers in the Crock pot of bread, followed by sausage, followed by cheese, ending with a cheese layer.
- 4Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- 5Pour over crock pot mixture, cover and turn on low.
- 6Cook for 8-12 hours.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sausage and Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.6
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 478.3 mg
- Sodium 1740.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 39.3 g