Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Delicious, simple and little mess. This is from a church gathering of recipes.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 Polish sausage, cooked and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained & well rinsed (2 cans if you really like sauerkraut)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Put all ingredients in crock-pot; cook on low for 10 hours.
- (You can start it on high for 3 hours to lesson cooking time.).
This was really good! I omitted the chicken. Loved the tangy taste of the sauerkraut
Mellow and meaty where I expected sharp and tangy, this soup was a snap, and rich with flavors. And I loved that I made it with leftover roasted potatoes and carrots, and leftover sausage and sauerkraut (plus 2 hotdogs reaching their "sell by" date). As with Michelle S., the mixture filled to slow cooker, even without the mushrooms. Good recipe, Judikins!
Very good and easy....but I cannot believe I forgot the mushrooms! Just as well as this BARELY fit into my crockpot using only 1 can of sauerkraut. It is a little tart, but I like that about sauerkraut so I am pleased about that. I used smoked bratwurst which worked out wonderfully. The house smelled spectacular while it was cooking. We will have this again for lunch today served with buttered rye bread. Yum..thanks Judikins for sharing!