Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty meal in one that's easy and can be cooking all day while you are out. It makes a crowd-pleasing crock full, and I usually cut it in half.
- Layer carrots and potatoes in crock pot, set aside.
- In a skillet, brown sausage on all sides and transfer to cooker.
- Reserving drippings from sausage, sauté onion and garlic till translucent and add broth.
- Bring to a boil and stir in pepper and caraway. Pour over sausage in cooker.
- Place sauerkraut over all.
- Cover and cook on low till veggies are tender, about 8 hours.