Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is a hearty meal in one that's easy and can be cooking all day while you are out. It makes a crowd-pleasing crock full, and I usually cut it in half.
Top Review by Tonda
This was excellent. We enjoyed it very much. I fixed it for the first time a couple of weeks ago as written. I am going to make this today on the stove top. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 4 cups baby carrots
- 4 cups red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 lbs Polish sausage, cut into bite sized chunks
- 24 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer carrots and potatoes in crock pot, set aside.
- In a skillet, brown sausage on all sides and transfer to cooker.
- Reserving drippings from sausage, sauté onion and garlic till translucent and add broth.
- Bring to a boil and stir in pepper and caraway. Pour over sausage in cooker.
- Place sauerkraut over all.
- Cover and cook on low till veggies are tender, about 8 hours.