Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is great! I like to serve this with mashed potatoes. It is also great with noodles, spaetzle or boiled new potatoes. If you have any leftovers, you can make open-faced pork sandwiches with the meat and sauerkraut.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained (with caraway seeds)
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork shoulder
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sauerkraut in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart crock pot. Trim fat from meat. If need be, trim the meat to fit in crock pot.
- Lightly sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Spread mustard over meat and place the meat on top of the sauerkraut. Pour beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer meat to cutting board. Cool slightly. Slice meat, discarding fat, and serve.