Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a polish dish that my husband is very fond of.
- 1 (19 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 whole smoked pork hocks or 2 meaty ham bones
- 1 apple, peeled & diced (any kind)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 baking potato, peeled & grated
- 1⁄2 cup beer (nonalcoholic alternative 1/2 cup apple juice) or 1⁄2 cup white wine (nonalcoholic alternative 1/2 cup apple juice)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- fresh black pepper (generous grind)
- Wash & drain Sauerkraut in colander.
- Put in slow cooker with rest of ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove bone & cut of any bits of meat that remain on it. Add back to crock pot.