Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and fast compared to traditional recipes. Serve with potato pancakes & sauerkraut.
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- salt & pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 8 gingersnaps
- Sprinkle roast on all sides with salt & pepper.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except gingersnaps.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hours on high, turning roast occasionally.
- Remove roast.
- Add crumbled gingersnaps to sauce in crockpot.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Slice meat and spoon sauce over slices.
This turned out great - just the thing for a damp chilly Fall day. Will make this again for sure! After removing and slicing the roast, I removed a large part of the "ginger snap" sauce to a saucepan to thicken quicker. To serve, I placed the sliced roast at one end of a pretty platter, hot Spaetzles(German Egg Noodles) tossed with a little of the sauce at the other end of the platter and the onions down the middle and topped it all with the thickened sauce.