Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This tastes wonderful and it's very easy. I found this recipe 30 years ago in "Crockery Cookery" by Mable Hoffman. Allow 24-36 hours to marinate.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs rump roast
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar (I use white vinegar)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 unpeeled lemon
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place meat in covered ceramic or glass bowl, or large plastic zipper bag.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinate meat in refrigerator for 24-36 hours, turning several times.
- Place beef in crock pot, pouring 1 cup of the marinade over it.
- Cover and cook on "Low" 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to serving platter.
- Strain meat juices and return to pot.
- Stir in gingersnaps.
- Cover and cook on "High" for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over meat.