1/1 Photo of Crock Pot -Saucy Italian Chicken Thighs
6 hrs 10 mins
Chef #739386's Note:
I found this in a Cooking Light slow cooker book at Barnes and Nobles $1.99 table. I am always on the look out for easy recipes I can do at the firehouse to feed hungry guys for a reasonable price. I put this on in the morning and by 6 pm I add a salad to the meal. Done! The guys at work loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs (or breasts will work too)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained. (I look for the one with the lowest sodium)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (same here on the low sodium)
- 1 medium chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic (I used 4 cloves through a press)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place chicken in 4 quart crock pot.
- 2Combine tomatoes and next 6 ingredients.
- 3Stir well.
- 4Pour sauce over chicken.
- 5Cover and cook on high for 1 hour then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 6Serve with bread, pasta, or a green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot -Saucy Italian Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning