I found this in a Cooking Light slow cooker book at Barnes and Nobles $1.99 table. I am always on the look out for easy recipes I can do at the firehouse to feed hungry guys for a reasonable price. I put this on in the morning and by 6 pm I add a salad to the meal. Done! The guys at work loved it.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs (or breasts will work too)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained. (I look for the one with the lowest sodium)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (same here on the low sodium)
- 1 medium chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic (I used 4 cloves through a press)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in 4 quart crock pot.
- Combine tomatoes and next 6 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with bread, pasta, or a green salad.