Recipe by Chef Mom & Chef Jane
Born of desperation, as my husband, daughter and myself all love different brands/styles of BBQ sauce. Cook, shred and then sauce up your own sandwich, your own way!
Top Review by Margie99
This was perfect for us because my kids don't like BBQ sauce at all. So they ate their sandwiches without anything. My Dh and I put sauce on ours. I did add a little garlic powder and salt and pepper. I also didn't tent it, as the crockpot I used was small and the meat nearly filled it up. Yum.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) pork loin, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- aluminum foil
- 4 buns
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place loin in crock pot.
- Open ginger ale can and pour over loin.
- Dash Liquid Smoke to taste over loin.
- Fashion an aluminum foil "cover" over loin.
- Place crock lid on and cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Open crock and shred loin with two forks.
- Let sit in juices, taste.
- Add more Liquid smoke, now, if needed.
- Portion onto buns.
- Add sauce of choice.
- Add Slaw (You NC folks).