Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Born of desperation, as my husband, daughter and myself all love different brands/styles of BBQ sauce. Cook, shred and then sauce up your own sandwich, your own way!
- 1 (3 -5 lb) pork loin, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- aluminum foil
- 4 buns
- barbecue sauce
- Place loin in crock pot.
- Open ginger ale can and pour over loin.
- Dash Liquid Smoke to taste over loin.
- Fashion an aluminum foil "cover" over loin.
- Place crock lid on and cook on low, 6-8 hours.
- Open crock and shred loin with two forks.
- Let sit in juices, taste.
- Add more Liquid smoke, now, if needed.
- Portion onto buns.
- Add sauce of choice.
- Add Slaw (You NC folks).
This was perfect for us because my kids don't like BBQ sauce at all. So they ate their sandwiches without anything. My Dh and I put sauce on ours. I did add a little garlic powder and salt and pepper. I also didn't tent it, as the crockpot I used was small and the meat nearly filled it up. Yum.