6 hrs 15 mins
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This is an easily prepared dish for a week night meal. Purists who scoff at the occasional use of a can opener need read no further. To those who appreciate the assistance that canned beans and broth can give a recipe, I say: "Bon appetit."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- hot cooked rice
- 1Combine all ingredients except salt, chicken and rice in a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- 2Season chicken with salt and lay on top of other ingredients.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for six hours.
- 4Half an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- 5Return chicken to slow cooker and stir into other ingredients.
- 6Adjust salt and seasoning.
- 7Serve over rice with a tossed green salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 39.5 g