Recipe by Audrey M
This is a wonderful casserole to prepare in your crock pot. Serve with Texas Toast and side salad and your dinner is complete.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
We just got finished devouring this chicken dinner. WOW!! We all thought it was fabulous. I did not chop the chicken breasts, but left them whole like you suggested.They turned out fine and were very moist. The vegetables and sauce were very well seasoned and went great with the noodles. Thanks for something that my whole family likes.
- 4 ounces green bell peppers or 4 ounces red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 6 ounces broccoli florets, cut small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- I usually use five to six frozen half chicken breasts and don't bother to cut them into cubes.
- In crock pot cooking, it is best to use frozen chicken so it doesn't dry out.
- It is up to you which method you choice, both work well.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of crock pot with chicken on top.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7 to 10 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta topped with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- I like fettuccine.