Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is an incredibly easy, flavorful pot roast. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and cooks all day in your slow cooker. The salsa gives it a wonderful, mildly spicy taste. Leftovers would be great as tacos.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
- Cut excess fat off chuck roast. Rub meat with cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Put into crock pot and pour salsa over the roast.
- Add an additional half jar of water (6 oz).
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.