Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
These chicken has a kick to it. If you are looking for a milder taste substitute salsa for the tomatoes with green chilies and hot peppers.
- 6 chicken pieces, of your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 16 ounces tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 sliced paper thin jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 sliced paper thin cayenne pepper (optional)
- cooked rice
- Cut peppers with disposable gloves on.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic and lemon powder.
- Place in bottom of crock pot topped with tomatoes with green chilies and jalapeno and cayenne pepper.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
My family really liked this fast & easy recipe. We don't like much heat in our food, so I just used the garlic powder, lemon pepper, and mild salsa instead of the tomatoes & chilis. Thanks for posting.
I just realized it must be "Audrey M Week" in my kitchen. I started this chicken Monday at noon, for dinner that night. Another uncomplicated recipe that is lip-smacking good. I did not use the jalapeno and cayenne peppers only because 2 in our family don’t like spicy hot foods. Good thing too because DH and DS thought it was hot already. Many thanks for another winning recipe!