Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
I have made this a lot and it goes over amazingly every time. Even my kids like it and they are pretty picky most of the time!! My husband actually gets excited when I say Im making it!! I use frozen chicken because I think that the flavor comes out better if it cooks for a bit longer. But you can use thawed
- 5-6 piece frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (vary amount depending on crock pot size)
- 226.79 g bar cream cheese
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained
- 226.79 g can corn, drained
- 425.24 g jar salsa, If you want spicy make sure to get a hot salsa as the cream cheese mellows out the flavor quite a bi
- rice, no set amount. you can make however much you want
- In crock pot combine the following.
- Chicken breast, can of black beans, jar of salsa, can of corn.
- Cook on high for approximately 4 to 4.5 hours or until chicken is almost cooked through. (if using thawed chicken cook time will drop significantly and will probably need to be checked around 2 hours).
- Once chicken is almost cooked through removed chicken pieces and shred.
- Put shredded chicken back into crock pot and mix well. After mixing if you notice excess liquid on top skim off excess with spoon. (you dont want it runny its better a bit firm).
- Add cream cheese - cut up bar as your put it in, It helps to melt it.
- Stir occasionally to help mix cream cheese evenly and cook for about 30-40 more minutes.
- Cook Rice while the Chicken is finishing.
- When chicken is finished spoon over rice and enjoy!