1/6 Photos of Crock Pot Rustic Lamb Stew
10 hrs 10 mins
The original recipe here called for rutabagas, but I changed it to potatoes and added herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless lean lamb stew meat, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup baby carrots (1/2 pound or as many as you want)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Sprinkle lamb with 1/2 t salt and the pepper.
- 2Coat with flour.
- 3Heat oil in a 2 to 3 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 4Brown lamb a few pieces at a time in the hot oil.
- 5Remove to crock pot with slotted spoon.
- 6Reduce heat to medium.
- 7Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- 8Stir in the water scraping up browned bits on bottom of pot.
- 9Transfer onion mixture to the crock pot; add carrots and potatoes.
- 10Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, adding peas during the last 30 to 45 minutes.
- 11Note: I have also simmered this in the Dutch oven on the stove for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and it is very good.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Rustic Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 762.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 39.1 g