Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 -3 lbs round steaks
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes (makes a wonderful gravy!).
I tried this recipe because my family loves round steak and the crockpot is nice on hot summer days. I thought this tasted really good but my husband and daughter did not care for it, they said it was too bland.
This turned out wonderful. It was absolutely delicious! I did as you suggested, Clairissa, and served it with mashed potatoes. Nothing was left. I will definitely be doing this again and again. Thanks so much.
This is one of my favorite dinners to make! I cut the round steak into bite size pieces, and use one can Golden Mushroom Soup, and one can Cream of Mushroom with Garlic. Then we just spoon the meat and gravy directly over mashed potatoes. Served with a vegetable and rolls, this is my ultimate comfort food! Thanks for a fabulous recipe!