The taste of roasted or rotisserie chicken, but so easy in the crock pot! My mother in law made this for a family gathering once. I didn't know you could do it like this! UPDATED description: I made this again tonight, and forgot how moist it is! Because there's nowhere for the juices to go, it does wind up being a little "soupy" - it's not a crispy rotisserie chicken in that regard. The chicken just falls off the bones and has such great flavor! (in fact, in the photo I posted, I had to push all the chicken pieces back together to make it look like a whole chicken!)
- Wash and pat dry whole chicken (best if you don't remove the skin).
- Rub with olive oil, garlic and seasonings (measurements are approximate, season to taste!). Try to put seasonings under the skin where possible too.
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with vegetable spray (Do not add ANY water or liquid).
- Place whole chicken, breast side up in crock pot.
- Cover and let cook on high for 3-5 hours, or until legs fall off easily.