Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe sounds like one my mother used to make when I was younger.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the pork until browned.
- Remove and drain excess oil and place the pork in the Crock pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
New favorite recipe. I increased the amount of salt and pepper to 1.5 tsp each, doubled the amountvof rosemary to 2 tbsp and a 1 tbsp of garlic powder as well. Came out really good. Served with a side of sharp cheddar mashed potatoes and garlic bread.
my husband loves rosemary - i used 3 whole sprigs instead of measuring tablespoons. i love the texture of the pork after being sliced. next time i will use more mushrooms, though.
Came out a little bland for our taste, may try again with more herbs.