Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Got this one from my sister. This is also good made with deer or elk meat. Rutabaga needs to be cut small, because they take longer to cook. All those veggies!!! Has to be good for you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups carrots, in short strips
- 2 cups rutabagas, small chunks
- 2 cups potatoes, larger chunks
- 2 cups turnips, small chunks
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 4oz hot water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place first 5 ingredients in pot.
- Brown ground beef and add to pot.
- Add tomatoes and bouillon mixture.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
Good filling stew.Added hot sauce to give it a zip.
We enjoyed this stew. i skipped the rutabagas and basically guessed at the amounts of the veggies by using 2 potatoes, 2 turnips, 4 carrots and 1 onion. My tomatoes were only 15 oz so added 2 small cans of V-8. Very good and filling. Thanks for sharing!