8 hrs 15 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This chicken is so tender that it falls right off of the bones! Herbes de Provence is a wonderful spice to use on poultry, fish, and veggies (even potatoes). This chicken can also be roasted in the oven, but I prefer it cooked in the crock pot -it is more tender and flavorful when it is slow-cooked. Feel free to throw some additional veggies into the crock pot for a complete meal! Another recipe from a Suzanne Somers' cookbook (and then modified by me to cook in a crock pot).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and dry chicken, after removing giblets.
- 2Rub entire chicken with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper, and Herebes de Provence, by rubbing spices over entire chicken.
- 3Place one chopped onion inside the cavity of the chicken.
- 4Place chicken in crock pot.
- 5Throw remaining onions and parsnips around chicken in crock pot.
- 6Pour chicken both over chicken and veggies.
- 7Cook on low for 7-9 hours (crock pot cooking times vary, so cook for less time, if you notice that your crock pot cooks faster than most).
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roasted Herbes De Provence Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.0
- Calories from Fat 614
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 267.3 mg
- Sodium 298.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 63.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence