Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This chicken is so tender that it falls right off of the bones! Herbes de Provence is a wonderful spice to use on poultry, fish, and veggies (even potatoes). This chicken can also be roasted in the oven, but I prefer it cooked in the crock pot -it is more tender and flavorful when it is slow-cooked. Feel free to throw some additional veggies into the crock pot for a complete meal! Another recipe from a Suzanne Somers' cookbook (and then modified by me to cook in a crock pot).
- Clean and dry chicken, after removing giblets.
- Rub entire chicken with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper, and Herebes de Provence, by rubbing spices over entire chicken.
- Place one chopped onion inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Throw remaining onions and parsnips around chicken in crock pot.
- Pour chicken both over chicken and veggies.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours (crock pot cooking times vary, so cook for less time, if you notice that your crock pot cooks faster than most).