I have done this recipe in the oven and slow cooker. It has a wonderful fragrant smell as you come through the door.
- Clean and dry the chicken.
- Starting at the neck cavity, carefully loosen skin from the breast with you fingers.
- Insert 2-3 garlic pieces and 2 springs of rosemary under the breast skin at the edge of the wings.
- Continue pulling skin and insert 2 rosemary sprigs and 2 garlic pieces under drumstick skin.
- Make a small slit in skin on each wing.
- Insert a garlic piece and a rosemary sprig into each.
- Insert 2 garlic pieces and 2 rosemary sprigs in body cavity, then tie the legs together Place the chicken, breast down in a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until juices are clear when thick part of chicken is pierced with a knife. Remove chicken from slow cooker and discard garlic and rosemary.
- Cut chicken and serve.