The final product is a tender, fall of the bone chicken. This is a good summer recipe, when you don't want to heat the house by using an oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Fresh Bread Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons hard margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to your own taste)
- 4 cups day old bread, cubes
- 3 1/2 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 teaspoons liquid gravy browner
- 1Stuffing: Melt butter or margarine in frying pan.
- 2Add onion and celery.
- 3Saute until soft.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Mix in salt, pepper, parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- 6Add bread cubes.
- 7Toss well.
- 8Wrap mixture in foil, leaving an opening at the top.
- 9Chicken: Brush chicken with gravy browner, this is a must.
- 10Place in 5-quart slow cooker.
- 11Place foil pouch over chicken legs.
- 12Cover slow cooker.
- 13Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-4 1/2 hours.
- 14Make gravy with juice from chicken if desired.
- 15Stir stuffing before serving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.1
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 1064.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid gravy browner