Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Got this recipe out of an old library book and I tweaked it a bit to update the ingredients. It is SOOO easy, and elegant enough for a dinner party.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- In a large ziploc bag, place chicken, dressing and lemon juice. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place chicken in crock pot, discard leftover marinade. Mix all spices and sprinkle over all sides of chicken.
- Set on low and cook for 6 hours. Drain juice and chicken will pull easily apart.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and a salad or vegetable and some crusty bread.
Wonderful. So tender my one year old could eat it, and she doesn't have any teeth yet. Makes the house smell so good.
Unbelievable! This chicken does fall right off the bone - so tender and juicy! I will keep this recipe close at hand, thank you!
The chicken turns out sooo tender. I took it out of the crockpot and it just fell to pieces...literally. And the flavor...OMG!! heaven. Definetely a keeper in my book!!!