Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
Got this recipe out of an old library book and I tweaked it a bit to update the ingredients. It is SOOO easy, and elegant enough for a dinner party.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ziploc bag, place chicken, dressing and lemon juice. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place chicken in crock pot, discard leftover marinade. Mix all spices and sprinkle over all sides of chicken.
- Set on low and cook for 6 hours. Drain juice and chicken will pull easily apart.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and a salad or vegetable and some crusty bread.