Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a very easy recipe that originally came from a Southern Living cookbook. The roast came out fork-tender and my husband loved it. Don't forget the horseradish sauce. It's key to the whole dish.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs beef eye round
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (or fresh would be even better)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (I didn't use.) (optional)
- For the roast: Combine seasonings and rub mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours in a slow cooker.
- Remove meat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with horseradish sauce.
- While the roast is cooking, prepare the horseradish sauce by combining all ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
anni - this was fantastic! You were right, the sauce IS key to the whole dish! I turned this into appetizers, serving the beef on crostini with the sauce and garnished with arugala and capers.. pic attached.. thank-you!!
Good one! I'm a novice cook so I love these easy set-n-forget recipes. Very tasty and tender. The sauce is wonderful.