Recipe by hollyfrolly
The easiest, YUMMIEST, juiciest, most flavorful roast- EVER!!! Adapted from the many (what seems like hundreds!) of recipes out there. A mish-mash of sorts, but is by far the most delicious combination yet!
- 2 lbs beef roast (I like chuck but use what you like)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup dry red wine (only use wine you would drink)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (drained and roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 -10 baby carrots
- 4 -5 red new potatoes, halved and quartered
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown the roast on all sides.
- In the crock pot, on high heat, place the following: bell pepper, red wine, garlic, onion, soup, sun dried tomatoes, thyme, Italian seasoning, Tabasco. Mix well.
- Place roast into crock pot. Swirl meat around in liquid/mixture to coat.
- Using the back of a spoon, coat roast with Dijon and cover with lid.
- Cook roast on high heat for four hours. (Rotate meat at two hour point.).
- When cooking time is up, remove lid, rotate meat again and add carrots and potatoes. Cook for additional two hours on high heat.
- Enjoy with a fresh green salad and rosemary bread.