6 hrs 20 mins
The easiest, YUMMIEST, juiciest, most flavorful roast- EVER!!! Adapted from the many (what seems like hundreds!) of recipes out there. A mish-mash of sorts, but is by far the most delicious combination yet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef roast (I like chuck but use what you like)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup dry red wine (only use wine you would drink)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (drained and roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 -10 baby carrots
- 4 -5 red new potatoes, halved and quartered
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Generously season meat with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown the roast on all sides.
- 3In the crock pot, on high heat, place the following: bell pepper, red wine, garlic, onion, soup, sun dried tomatoes, thyme, Italian seasoning, Tabasco. Mix well.
- 4Place roast into crock pot. Swirl meat around in liquid/mixture to coat.
- 5Using the back of a spoon, coat roast with Dijon and cover with lid.
- 6Cook roast on high heat for four hours. (Rotate meat at two hour point.).
- 7When cooking time is up, remove lid, rotate meat again and add carrots and potatoes. Cook for additional two hours on high heat.
- 8Enjoy with a fresh green salad and rosemary bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roast, Unique and Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.6
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.0 mg
- Sodium 1672.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 53.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning